Having completed my first day session, it’s not done yet. I’ll need to prepare on much more serious session on the bigger event, Microsoft Cloud Summit aka Journey to the cloud. The event was held at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, attended by more than 300 participants at the morning. At the afternoon, there are separated into 3 tracks namely Business Decision Maker Track, Technical Decision Maker Track, and Developer Track.
I presented on one of the Developer Track with the topic “Your Data and The Windows Azure Platform”. It was attended by around 60 participants. This is an interesting topic that discusses:
- what are the scenario of managing data on the cloud,
- available option for managing data and storage on the cloud (Windows Azure Storage and SQL Azure)
- the future of data on the cloud
Since this is a developer track, I assume attendees to have technical knowledge when I show some codes and demo.
As usual, I deliver more demos (75%) than slides.
The demos that I showed includes:
- Creating and managing Windows Azure Storage Account
- Using Blob Storage (including Shared Access Signature, Blob Snapshot)
- Using Table Storage
- Connecting to SQL Azure
- Migrating to SQL Azure
Here’re some photos of the event: